Selectmen’s Meeting February 8, 2021
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage, 30 Martin Street
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the town’s website, at www.essexma.org. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen to and/or view the meeting may do so via Video Call (with the option to show yourself on video or not and with the option to use a phone to call in, for audio-only). No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so using the tools discussed below, despite best efforts, we will post on the town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
The link to the video conference is: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bzubricki, and, if prompted, the on-line meeting ID is bzubricki. Depending on your device and software installed, you may be able to join directly, by web browser, or, you may have to download the application directly (you will be shown that choice when you go to the above link). You should be joined in mute mode. However, if that is not the case, please click on the audio icon to mute your microphone. You can choose to activate your camera to show yourself, or not. The camera should be off, by default, when you join.
If you do not have a digital device to join via the link above, you can also dial a telephone number and be directly connected to the meeting, via audio only. The call-in-only number is: (425) 436-6352 and the access code is 1729820.
In the event that the video conferencing system fails for some reason, the meeting will be broadcast on a different conference call line, accessed by telephone only, as follows: 717-275-8940. The access code is: 8378315. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS BACKUP PROTOCOL UNLESS THE METHODS IN THE TWO PRECEEDING PARAGRAPHS ARE NOT WORKING (NOT YOU JUST HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING), SINCE THE BOARD WILL NOT BE MOVING TO THIS ALTERNATIVE NUMBER UNLESS THE PLATFORM FAILS FOR THE BOARD.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Public Comment. Please email comments to Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki: firstname.lastname@example.org Comments will be read from time to time throughout the meeting. If your comment relates to an agenda item, please note that in the email subject line.
6:05 p.m. Wylie Glorieux to discuss Pingree School project.
6:15 p.m. Sean Stevens to discuss Pingree School project.
6:25 p.m. Charlie Falk to discuss Pingree School project.
6:35 p.m. Assessors Steve Poulos and Michael Cataldo to recommend Michael Antell to fill the vacancy left by Assessor Brit Hall.
7:00 p.m. Harbormaster Fialho to discuss possible purchase of rowing craft racks for Conomo Point and draft regulations for use.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period January 23, 2021 through February 5, 2021, regarding the following:
• Community Preservation Committee Meeting Summary
• Economic Development Committee Meeting Summary
• Strategic Planning Committee Meeting Summary
• Public Safety Building Construction Project Update
• Approval of Contract for Station Alerting System Installation
• Finalization of Plans for Demolition of Old Fire Station/Site Restoration
• Manchester Essex Regional School District FY22 Budget Proposal Hearing
• Draft Annual Town Meeting Warrant
• Division of Ecological Restoration Culvert Replacement Grant Application
• Massachusetts Seawall Construction Grant Application
• Green Community Grant Application
• Regional Pilot Project Grant Program (to assist with COVID recovery)
• MAPC Accelerating Climate Resiliency Grant Application
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s January 25, 2021, Open Meeting and Executive Session.
• Consider proposal from Project Manager NV5 for additional duration on-site representative services for public safety building project ($29,500).
• Ratify the Chairman’s signature of the Agreement between the Metropolitan Area Planning Council and the Town of Essex for the Disbursement and Use of Emergency COVID-19 Funding-First Round 2021.
• Ratify the appointment of Richard Denton of the Council on Aging and consider the appointment of Mark Renzi of the Finance Committee, to the Strategic Planning Committee. Sign the appointment cards.
• Approve orders for Public Safety Building Training Room Furniture (via the State Contract) and Fire Department general living quarters furniture.
• Vote to accept the resignation of Michael Antell from the Finance Committee.
• Vote to approve the recommendation of the Finance Committee to appoint Michelle Dyer to the Finance Committee. Sign the appointment card.
• Approval and signature of successor employment agreement with Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki.
• Vote to accept a check in the amount of $3,000 from SeniorCare to the Council on Aging.
• Consider a suggestion to include an additional program item in the opening ceremony for the Public Safety Building.
• Consider a request from the Conservation Commission to use $6,000 from the Wetlands Protection Fund.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, February 22, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area at the Town Hall, 30 Martin Street.