SELECT BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, September 11, 2017
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: August 28, 2017
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Eversource: Public Hearing on a Petition for location of poles - Carson Ave and View ST.
• Presentation by the Petitioner
• Public Comments in Favor of the Petition
• Public Comments in Opposition to the Petition
• Select Board Deliberation
7. Hampshire Power Presentation
• Police Department
• Building Commissioner
• Historical Commission
• Housing Authority
9. Update Town Forest Acquisition by the Commonwealth
10. Spectrum Contract and DCC Service Interruption
11. OPEB & Trust Funds Investment Management
12. WHRS Building Project Update
13. Town Manager Updates
• Marijuana Legalization Seminar
• On-line Tax Payments
• Old Dalton High Demolition
• Complete Streets
• Green Communities
• Other Projects/Issues
14. Remarks of Select Board Members
15. Items for Future Agendas
• Hazardous Household Waste Collection Day; We have partnered with Pittsfield for a collection day to be held across from Clapp Park in Pittsfield on Housatonic Street On October 7. Open to all Dalton residents. Pre-registration is required. Please call Board of Health at the Town Hall to register and for more details.
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• The Central Berkshire Regional School Committee is seeking a representative from the Town of Dalton
• Robert W. Bishop, Jr., holds office hours on Thursday from 4:30 to 6:00 PM, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Office hours are on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
17. Executive Session To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel and litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and litigating position of the public body) and return to open session:
• Review of 2010 Executive Session Minutes
18. Consideration of Adopting Revisions to the Employee Salary & Fringe Benefits Policy