REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
7:00 P.M, December 9, 20199
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Discussion - Joining the Northern Berkshire Solid Waste District
7. Grant Acceptances
• COA Formula Grant
8. Discussion with COA – Change of Venue for Dalton Sunday Lunch Program
9. Discussion with Historical Commission – Request to Approve Completion of Historic Districts
• Planning Board/Board of Appeals - Associate member
11. Open as Rent Control Board
• Consideration of Rent Increase at Victoria Villa
Close as Rent Control Board
12. Budget Plan for FY’21
13. Consideration of Special Select Board meetings – December 16th, and/or January 6th
14. Town Manager Updates
15. Remarks of Select Board
16. Items for Future Agendas
• The 24th annual Light up Holidays event will be held on Saturday December 14th from 4:30 to 8:00 P.M. Festivities will begin with a parade down Main Street from Depot Street followed by a tree lighting ceremony at the CRA.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban which went into effect on November 15, 2019 and will be in effect until April 15, 2020.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Select Board Chair Bob Bishop – holds office by appointment in Town Hall and at the Senior Center. For further information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• The Green Dalton Committee, Board of Appeals are looking for new members. If interested, contact the Town Manager’s Office. 684-6111 X11.
18. Executive Session – And Not Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel, and litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body); and not return to open session:
• Executive Session Minutes