SELECT BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, April 10, 2017
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: March 27, 2017
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Mass DOT Speed Limit Legislation
7. Approval of Little League Opening Day Parade on Sunday April 30th
8. CRA Approvals: 2017 Events at Pinegrove Park
1. Opening Day Dalton CRA Softball Parade: May 6th 8 am-8:30am
2. Wahconah Softball Home Games: April 4th -June11th
3. WHRS Team Sponsors "Warrior Night" for Youth Softball Players:
May 10th from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
4. Dalton CRA Pitch, Hit and Run Competition:
May 7th 12:30pm- 2:30pm
5. 9th Annual Dalton CRA Softball Tournament: July 21-23rd
9. Approval of Home Base 5K Road Race and 1 mile Walk at Pinegrove Park: August 27, 2017
10. National Peace Officers Memorial Day: May 15,2017 (Flag lowered at half-staff)
11. Open as License Board: Registration of 2017-2018 Flammable Fluids Licenses:
12. Approval of 2017-2022 Master Agreement with DEP for Recycling
13. Review of ZBA Petition #550 Special Permit
14. CBRSD WHRS Building Project
15. Remarks of Select Board Members
16. Items for Future Agendas
• Collector’s Office:
o Reminder that the next Real Estate, Fire District, Personal Property, and Personal Fire District Taxes are due on May 1st.
o Motor Vehicle bills are issued according to the Registry of Motor Vehicles’ schedule. Several batches are billed out during the year, reflecting information given at the time of each vehicle registration.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens that the Winter Parking Ban continues until April 15th.
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Robert W. Bishop, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from 4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Office hours are on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Building Inspector's Office Hours - Mondays: 10:30 – 2:30 and Thursdays: 11:30 – 3:30. It is suggested that you call 684-6109 x 27 to schedule an appointment. The building official will also schedule an office appointment at a different day and time , if requested.
18. Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and litigating position of the public body) and not return to open session:
19. Minutes: March 27, 2017