Selectmen’s Meeting November 29, 2021
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage, 30 Martin Street
Note: This meeting will be held in-person at the location provided on this notice. Members of the public are welcome to attend this in-person meeting. Please note that while an option for remote, audio-only attendance and/or participation is being provided as a courtesy to the public, the meeting/hearing will not be suspended or terminated if technological problems interrupt the virtual broadcast or its quality, unless otherwise required by law. Members of the public with particular interest in any specific item on this agenda should make plans for in-person vs. virtual attendance accordingly.
Call in Phone Number: 605-562-8401 Password: 8378315
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Call to Order.
6:05 p.m. Public Hearing – Board of Assessors regarding the following:
• Selection of a residential factor
• Open space discount
• Residential exemption
• Small commercial exemption
• Authorize the Board of Assessors’ Chairman to sign on behalf of the Board of Selectmen on the DOR Gateway.
6:30 p.m. Chief Paul Francis and Daniel Morris to request that Daniel Morris be appointed to the position of Part-Time Police Officer, subject to drug and medical screening.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period November 13, 2021 through November 26, 2021, regarding the following:
• “Affordable Housing Trust 101” Public Information Forum
• Town Zoning Bylaw Evaluation Project Update
• Purchase of Display Shed for Antique Fire Pumper
• Purchase of Permitting Software for Building Department
• Old Fire Station Site Restoration Update and Change Orders
• Promulgation of Regulations for the Issuance of Resident Parking Stickers
• Grant Agreement with Essex Housing Authority for use of CPA Funding
• Preliminary List of Potential Article Topics for Annual Town Meeting
• Apple Street Culvert/Roadbed Elevation Grant Update/Scope Revision
• Expression of Interest for Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness Grant
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 11/10/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 11/01/2021 $ 21.00 Fire
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 11/01/2021 $ 299.00 Fire
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 10/24/2021 $ 529.00 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 10/24/2021 $ 62.25 Fire
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 11/18/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 09/30/2021 $ 532.50 Highway
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s November 15, 2021, Open Meeting.
• Vote to ratify the Chairman’s signature on a letter of commitment to the Eastern Essex Regional Health Support Services Collaborative.
• Vote to ratify the Chairman’s signature of an order for a new Department of Public Works’ sidewalk snow removal tractor.
• Authorize the Chief of Police to sign the grant award paperwork for the Body-Worn Camera Grant offered through the Massachusetts Office of Public Safety and Security in the amount of $43,910.50.
• Consider a letter of interest from Tina Lane regarding an appointment to the Economic Development Committee.
• Consider a letter of interest from Ryan Madrigal regarding an appointment to the Economic Development Committee.
• Review and discuss a letter from Paul Pennoyer regarding the Strategic Planning Committee.
• Follow-up discussion regarding review of possible indoor mask mandate after recent meeting with the Board of Health.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Antiques License Renewals:
• Anna Hardy Builds LLC, d/b/a In Home Design Center, 117 Eastern Avenue
• Andrew Spindler Roesle, Andrew Spindler Antiques, 163 Main Street
• Shelagh Schylling, Prezona Design, 72 Belcher Street
• A.P.H. Waller, A.P.H. Waller & Son, 140 Main Street
Class II License Renewals:
• Steven Pascucci, Cape Ann Auto Body, Inc., 19 Grove Street
• Michael Crowley, Gaybrook Garage, 152 Western Avenue
• Paul Russell, Paul Russell and Company, 106 Western Avenue
• Scott Savory, Scott’s Auto Clinic, Inc., 6 Scot’s Way
Common Victualler License Renewals:
• Howard Lane, Essex Seafood, 143 R Eastern Avenue
• Roy Serpa, MAIA LLC, d/b/a Dunkin Donuts, 125 Main Street
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, December 13, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area at the Town Hall at 30 Martin Street.