REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, January 14, 2019
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: December 11, 2018
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Petition for student transfer from Wahconah Regional High School to McCAnn Technical School - (late Admission)
• Assistant Town Collector
8. Resolution Adopting Hazard Mitigation Plan
9. Open as Licensing Board
Discussion of open licensing issues:
• Wilkinson Enterprise d/b/a Zips,
• Berkshire Organic
Close as Licensing Board
10. Consideration of reinstalling recently removed streetlights
• Chestnut Street
• Glennon Avenue
• Ruth Drive
11. Vote to Discontinue use of Accu-vote Tabulators and Puchase ImageCaste
12. Petition 561 - 236 Hubbard Ave
13. Wahconah School Building Committee/CBRSD School Committee Reports
14. Consideration of creating a Face Book Page for the Town.
15. Town Manager Updates
16. Items for Future Agendas
17. Remarks of Select Board
• TV DISPOSAL OPITIONS: Lenox Valley WTF 64-68 Willow Creek Rd., Lenox , MA 01240; 413-637-1101 www.lenoxvalleywtf.com Deliver the TV to the Lenox facility. Open Monday-Friday and Saturday Mornings Call ahead to confirm prices. up to 24" $25.00; 25"-40" $35.00, 42"-65" $40.00
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban which goes into effect on November 15, 2018 and will be in effect until April 15, 2019.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours by appointment. And beginning on January 24th at the Senior Center every 4th Thursday from 4:30 PM until 6:00 PM. For further information, please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11. & home (413) 684-2526
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• The Green Dalton Committee is looking for new members. If interested, contact the Town Manager’s Office. 684-6111 X11.
19. Executive Session - Not to Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union & non-union personnel and litigation; To consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate, (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body), To investigate charges of criminal misconduct or to consider the filing of criminal complaints and not return to open session:
20. Executive Session Minutes: December 11, 2019