SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M., May 23, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Welcome Marc Strout
5. Approval of Minutes: May 9, 2016
6. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
7. Select Board Reorganization
8. Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Delegate
9. Open as Mobile Home Rent Control Board
• Victoria Villa Septic System Installation and Rent Increase
10. Consideration of Complete Streets Policy
11. Dalton Community Cable Franchise Fee
12. Approval of the 10th Annual Buddy Walk of the Berkshires Sept 24th
13. Appointment of Police Officers to the position of Constable:
• Geoffrey Powel
• James Duryea
14. Willis Street - No Parking Signs
15. Special Town Meeting June 27th – Draft Timetable and Warrant
16. Open as Licensing Board
• Consideration of transferring American Legion's License Fee, from "Change of Management" fee, to One-Day License fee for the Dalton Carnival
17. Old Dalton High Advisory Committee Report
18. Town Manager Projects Update
19. Items for Future Agendas
20. Remarks of Select Board Members
• Memorial Day Parade will take place on Monday, May 30, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. starting at the First Methodist Church.
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager’s Office at 684-6111, Ext. 11.
• Stormwater Management Commission is looking for a new member. If interested please contact the Town Manger's Office at 684-6111, Ext. 11
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Public Electric Vehicle Charging Station located at the Senior Center, is in service and may be used free of charge for a short period of time
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiation with non-union personnel, and to discuss strategy with respect to litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body) and not return to open session.
o Minutes: May 9, 2016