REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Virtual Meeting Via Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85057814874
Open Session Broadcast on DCTV 1301
7:00 P.M, June 8, 2020
“Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Select Board will be conducted via remote participation. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch the open session portion of the meeting may do so by viewing on Dalton Community Television on 1301.No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the open session portion of the proceedings in real-time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.”
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following: Use the Zoom link above and dial 1- 646- 558 8656 or 684-6111 X28
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. CBRSD Budget
• Temporary Full Time Police Officer
• Green Dalton Committee
8. Open Space Plan - Committee Update
9. COVID-19 Update
10. Police Department
• Turnover Rate
• Reserve Officer Program
11. Junk Car Extension Request
12. DCC Transfer Franchise Fee
13. ATM Motions & Capital Budget
14. Interdepartmental Transfers
15. Town Manager updates
• Vacation Carry-over Requests
• Report from Highway Dept. on Gulf Rd. & Johnson Rd., Transfer Station Brush Area.
16. Future Agenda Items
17. Reorganization of the Select Board
18. Schedule Meetings in July & August
19. Remarks of Select Board
• The Town Hall is now open during usual hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Wednesday and 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Thursday. Masks must be worn and social distancing observed.
• The Dalton Library is now available for pickup 9-5 M/T/Th, 12-8 W, 8-4 F
Library users may begin placing requests immediately by emailing
email@example.com. Telephone requests will also be accepted; call
• Due to the current COVID pandemic, and the new law signed by Governor Baker, Chapter 45 of the Acts of 2020, the Town of Dalton Select Board voted to postpone the Annual Town Meeting from May 4, 2020 to June 22. 2020 at 7:00 p.m. at Nessacus Regional Middle School in the gymnasium and the Annual Town Election from May 11, 2020 to June 29, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Dalton Community House.
• The last day to Register to Vote for the Annual Town Meeting and Election is June 12, 2020 between 2 p.m to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. In the office of the Town Clerk, 462 Main Street. If you have any questions please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 413-684-6111 ext. 14 or 15.
• We are urging voters, in the interest of “social distancing”, to request an application for an Early Voting Ballot by mail or Absentee Voting Ballot by mail, so that these ballots can be mailed to the registered voter. If you would like an application for an Early Voting Ballot or an Absentee Ballot application mailed to you, or have any questions or concerns, please contact the Town Clerk’s office at 413-684-6111 Extension 14 or 15.
21. Anticipated executive session in accordance with G.L. c. 30A, §21(a)(2)(3) to conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel (Police Chief) and to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining (Dalton Patrol Officers Union) and not return to open session.
NOTE: Chair must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on
the bargaining position of the public body.