Selectmen’s Meeting August 13, 2018
Town Hall, 3rd Floor Auditorium
6:00 p.m. Public Comment, regular business, and Town Administrator’s report.
6:30 p.m. Town Building Committee to conduct interviews of top three Project Manager firms for public safety facility project, in joint session with Selectmen. Firm names were chosen in a public meeting by the Town Building Committee on August 9, 2018.
• 6:30 p.m. – Interview of Project Management firm.
• 7:00 p.m. – Interview of Project Management firm.
• 7:30 p.m. – Interview of Project Management firm.
• Ranking of the three Project Management firms by the Town Building Committee.
• Selectmen’s discussion relative to the price proposal and engagement process for the top-ranked Project Management firm.
• Brief discussion of the number of proposals received for the sale of property to the Town for a public safety facility and distribution of proposals to Town Building Committee members for review and eventual ranking on August 16, 2018.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period July 28th through August 10th, 2018, regarding the following:
• Selection of Public Safety Building Project Manager
• Draft Motions for Special Town Meeting
Ratify the 8/9/2018 weekly warrant in the amount of $165,136.88.
Exempt from Section 20 of chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s Service Station 7/24/18 $1125.00 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s Service Station 7/24/18 $270.29 Fire
Dave Pereen Pereen Plumbing 7/16/18 $1,035.75 Fire
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s July 30, 2018 Open Meeting.
Board review and potential vote to support schematic design proposal for Manchester Memorial School replacement project.
Conomo Point Matters:
• Sign tight tank lease addendum for tight tank at 29 Middle Road, Map 108, Lot 28, Sisk.
• Sign tight thank lease addendum for tight tank at 169 Conomo Point Rd. Map 108, Lot 33. Coakley.
Assistant Harbormaster and Reserve Police Officer
• Discuss the hiring of Mr. Michael Harrell of 10 Congress St. in Ipswich as a Special Police Officer and as an Assistant Harbormaster, contingent upon favorably passing all pre-employment drug, medical, and psychological screening.
Discuss appointment of new probationary Firefighter, Ryan Keane.
Approve the Chief of Police’s request to hold the annual Essex Police Department Classic Car show on Sunday, September 9, 2018, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m., with a rain date of Sunday, September 16, 2018, at the same time; and discuss event.
Consider application for use of Centennial Grove by First Congregational Church of Essex on Sunday, September 9, 2018, from 11 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. for a church picnic. Waiver of fee requested.
Consider application for rental of Centennial Grove by Ms. Lindsay Konos on Saturday, August 25, 2018, from 12 noon until 3:00 p.m. Event may also include application for one-day wine and malt license.
Consider application for one day entertainment license, CK Pearl restaurant, September 15, 2018, 6-11PM.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, August 27, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. in the Teachers’ Lounge at the Essex Elementary School.
• A Special Town Meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria at the Essex Elementary School on August 27, 2018.
• The Fall Town Meeting will be held on October 16, 2018 (a Tuesday, as opposed to the usual Monday) at 7:30 p.m. in the gym at the Essex Elementary School.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: none.