REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Open Session Broadcast on DCTV 1301
7:00 P.M, November 23, 2020
“Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Select Board will be conducted via remote participation. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch the open session portion of the meeting may do so by viewing on Dalton Community Television on channel 1301, or via zoom.
Meeting ID: 881 2123 4623
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,88121234623#,,,,,,0#,,287143# US (New York)
+13017158592,,88121234623#,,,,,,0#,,287143# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 881 2123 4623
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcJ5MsNPDD
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the open session portion of the proceedings in real-time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.”
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: October 26, 2020
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following: Use the Zoom link or dial 684-6111 X28
Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
The Chair or their designee may answer questions on procedural matters.*Please be cordial and respectful of others.
If anyone wishes to be recognized when the Board discusses an agenda item, please make the request at this time. The Board Chair may grant this request. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. FY21 Tax Rate Classification Hearing
7. BOH Updates
• Full Time Officer
9. Open as License Board
• Alcoholic Licensing approvals
• Change of Manager – Shire Breau Hous
Close as License Board
10. CBRSD Update: Questions and Answers
11. Police Chief Update
12. Acceptance of Franchise fee for 3rd qtr.
13. Discussion on Town Manager’s Job Description/Salary
14. Town Manager Updates
15. Items for Future Agendas
16. Remarks of Select Board
17. Select Board Chair Updates
• The Town Hall: Effective Monday, 11/16/2020, the Town of Dalton will be closing the Town Hall, Senior Center and Highway/Cemetery Offices to the public. All offices will remained staffed and will be available by phone or email during their normal business hours. Please see Town of Dalton Website for Departmental Information.
• For Regions in Level 2 – Significant Drought
Residents and Business:
• Minimize overall water use.
• Limit outdoor watering to hand-held hoses or watering cans to be used only after 5:00 P.M. or before 9 A.M. one day a week
Immediate Steps for Communities:
• Adopt and implement the state’s nonessential outdoor water use restrictions for drought,
Level 2 restriction calls for limiting outdoor watering to hand-held or watering cans to be used only after 5:00 P.M or before 9:00 A.M.
• Limit or prohibit installation of new sod, seeding, and/or landscaping, watering during or within 48 hours after measurable rainfall; washing operation of non-recirculating fountains; filling of swimming pools, hot tubs , and backyard informal rinks.
• Implement drought surcharge or seasonal water rates
• Establish water-use reduction targets for all water users, identify top water users, and conduct targeted outreach to help curb their use.
• The Transfer Station New FY21 Prices
Sticker Price 1st Vehicle $115.00
2nd Vehicle $ 40.00
Bags Price 30gal. Bag (large) $4.00- Package of 10 $40.00
15gal. Bag (small) $3.30- Package of 10 $33.00
For a complete price list go to Dalton-ma.gov and click on the Transfer Station button.
NEW HOURS FOR COMPOST AND BRUSH AREA
Tuesday/Wednesday – 2:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Friday/Saturday – 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
• Messages from the Dalton Police Department
Police Department is now open to the Public
The Dalton police Department lobby is now open to the public. Please feel free to stop in and see an Officer. Social Distancing and mask are required and only two (2) people are allowed in the lobby at a time.
Processing of Firearm Permit
Firearm permits are processed between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. by appointment only. Please call 413-684-0300 to schedule your appointment. No walk-ins are being accepted at this time. A check or money order for $100.00 made payable to the Town of Dalton. Renewals over the age of 70 are free.
2020 – 2021 Winter Park Ban
The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban which goes into effect on November 15, 2020, and will be in effect until April 15, 2021. There will be No parking will be allowed on the streets between these dates.
• The Dalton Library is now open 12:00 P.M. -5:00 P.M. on Monday, Thursday and Friday; 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, and 12:00 P.M. 8:00 P.M. on Wednesday. Anyone in a high-risk population may schedule a time in the AM to come in by themselves with no question asked. Lobby pick-up continues for anyone who would rather not enter the building. Call 684-6112 for more information.