TOWN OF SOUTHAMPTON
SELECT BOARD AGENDA
Tuesday, August 30, 2022 AT 6:00 PM
1st Floor Meeting Room
210 College Highway, Southampton, MA 01073
Pledge of Allegiance
• Call to Order
“Open Time for the Public”
The Select Board reserves a portion of its meetings for public comment and encourages participation as follows:
• Open time is a time when town residents can bring matters before the Select Board that require a minimum of discussion and are not on the agenda.
• Please try to keep your comments short and to the point. Plan on being allowed up to five minutes per person, not per topic, to speak at any meeting under open time, only.
• If it appears that the topic(s) being discussed will consume longer than the five minutes allocated then, at the discretion of the Chair, the matter will be placed on an upcoming Select Board meeting agenda.
• If you believe that your topic will require more time or desire to make a more formal presentation than is allowed under these guidelines, please contact the Town Administrator to ask to be put on a future agenda so that we can properly allocate enough time.
• You are free to ask questions or to make your point for all to consider. However, engaging in active debate with the Select Board or audience members will not be allowed. All comments and questions must be directed to the Chair of the Board.
• All remarks must be respectful and courteous, free of name-calling and personal attacks. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
• Representative Kelly Pease, Massachusetts House and District Update
Reports to the Select Board
• Eversource – Joe Mitchell
• Holyoke Gas & Electric – Jim Lavelle & Brian Roy
• Town Administrator Report
• Select Board
• Ad Hoc Grant Committee
• Nancy Ruscio – Resignation – Council on Aging Board, effective immediately
• Carol Goulet – Resignation - Library – Substitute
• Bob Barcomb – Resignation – Greenway Committee
New Business: Action/Discussion
• Approval of Employee Short term Disability – Extension
• Chapter 61 Land – Right of First Refusal – Fomer Road
• Animal Control – Westfield Intermunicipal Agreement
• Temporary Animal Control Contract -Westfield Intermunicipal Agreement
• Complete Streets Fund – Planning Board
• Public Safety Building Committee – Amended Charge
• Open Space Committee – Amended Charge
• FY 2022 Revenue & Expenditure Reports
• FY 2023 Expenditure Report
• ARPA Expense Report
• Review New ARPA Applications
• Risk Assessment Policy – 2nd Reading
• Assistant Town Accountant – Update
• FY 2022 Financial Audit Planning – Next Steps
• Any other necessary business that cannot await the next regular September 13th Select Board Meeting.
• COVID-19 Update
• East Street Bridge – Update
• VoIP – Update
• Personnel Change Forms (PCF - PRF)
PCF – David Zagorski, continuation of temp Interim Principal Assessor, P-T, Non-Benefitted
• Board of Health
PCF – Geraldine Swanson – change of hours, 3 additional/wk.
PCF – Jeremy LaRochelle – Emergency Appointment, Equip Operator, Reinstatement, Full Time
PCF – Jeremy LaRochelle – Equip Operator, Reinstatement, Full Time Benefitted, $22.92/hr.
• PCF – Highway Department, Patrick Wright Employee Change - Separation
PCF – Carol Goulet – substitute, resignation
PRF – Substitute – replacement – as needed
PRF – Library Director – Full-Time, Benefitted 35 hours per week
PCF – Fire/EMS, Cynthia Morton, Part Time Non-Benefitted, as needed Paramedic/EMS assistant
PCF – Fire/EMS, Timothy O’Keefe, Part Tine Non-Benefitted, as needed Paramedic/Quality Assurance
PCF – Lauren Salomao -Police Dispatcher – Part-Time, Non-Benefitted
PCF – Ryan Holmes – Police Officer – Leave of Absence 8/25/2022 to 9/25/2022
• Madison Philbrook – One Day Wine & Malt – Conant Park Pavilion – Sept. 18, 2022 1 PM to 4 PM, Baby Shower
• W22-3V -$5,202.00 Vendor Payable Warrant
• W22-29A $523.42 Vendor Payable Warrant
• W22-29V $-$523.42 Vendor Payable Warrant
• W22-55 $529,447.49 Vendor Payable Warrant
• W23-2 $1,397,424.14 Vendor Payable Warrant with HC Retirement & MIIA Ins.
• P23-3 $280,188.90 Payroll Warrant
• PD23-3 $47,121.37 Payroll Deduction Warrant
• PD23-3A $157,846.08 Payroll Deduction Warrant with Retirement
• W23-4 $246,040.72 Vendor Payable Warrant
• P23-5 $282,891.89 Payroll Warrant
• P23-5C $1,953.19 Payroll Warrant
• P23-5V -$1,953.19 Payroll Warrant
• W23-6 $1,522,181.92 Vendor Payable Warrant with Regional School Assessment
• P23-7 $264,853.81 Payroll Warrant
• PD23-7 $44,686.36 Payroll Deduction Warrant
• W22-13 A $21,217.17 Vendor Payable Warrant
• W23-8 $276,312.59 Vendor Payable Warrant
Other Documents requiring Signatures
Minutes to Approve
• May 10, 2022
• June 21, 2022
• Old Town Hall
• Clearwater Woodland Boundary - Update
• DOER – Green Community Grant
• East Street East Section VHB TIP Proposal
Calendar & Announcements
• Select Board Meetings September 13th & 27th
Executive Sessions – Select Board
• MGL c. 30A Sec 21 (a) # 3 – To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation if an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining or litigating position of the public body and the chair so declares. (Police)
• MGL c. 30A Sec 21 (a) #7 To comply with, or act under the authority of, any general or special law or federal grant-in-aid requirements. Approval of Executive Session Minutes, Feb. 22, 2022, April 19, 2022, May 3, 2022.
Select Board to adjourn Executive Session