TOWN OF SOUTHAMPTON
SELECT BOARD AGENDA
Tuesday, August 16, 2022 AT 6:30 PM
1st Floor Meeting Room
210 College Highway, Southampton, MA 01073
Pledge of Allegiance
• Call to Order
“Open Time for the Public”
The Select Board reserves a portion of its meetings for public comment and encourages participation as follows:
• Open time is a time when town residents can bring matters before the Select Board that require a minimum of discussion and are not on the agenda.
• Please try to keep your comments short and to the point. Plan on being allowed up to five minutes per person, not per topic, to speak at any meeting under open time, only.
• If it appears that the topic(s) being discussed will consume longer than the five minutes allocated then, at the discretion of the Chair, the matter will be placed on an upcoming Select Board meeting agenda.
• If you believe that your topic will require more time or desire to make a more formal presentation than is allowed under these guidelines, please contact the Town Administrator to ask to be put on a future agenda so that we can properly allocate enough time.
• You are free to ask questions or to make your point for all to consider. However, engaging in active debate with the Select Board or audience members will not be allowed. All comments and questions must be directed to the Chair of the Board.
• All remarks must be respectful and courteous, free of name-calling and personal attacks. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
• Senator John Velis, Massachusetts Senate and District Update
• Bridget Lively, Kestrel – Massachusetts Landscape Partnership
• Town Administrator Report
• Select Board
• Ad Hoc Grant Committee
New Business: Action/Discussion
• Public Safety Building Committee – Amended Charge
• ARPA Project Status Reports – 1st Qtr.
• FRTA Designee – Appointment
• Town Owned Vehicle Marking/Town Seal By-law – discussion
• COA ARPA Grant State Earmark from Senator Velis
• Chief Workman – Fire EMS FY 2023 Wage Updates
• TIF Agreement Annual Report – J&E Precision
• Tire Dump Cleanup Local Escrow Account - Closeout
• Any other necessary business that cannot await the next regular August 30th Select Board Meeting.
• Senior Center Feasibility RFQ Process – Update
• COVID-19 Update
• East Street Bridge – Update
• VoIP – Update
• Personnel Change Forms (PCF - PRF)
• Brigette Tichy & Alex Touchette – One Day Wine & Malt – Conant Park Pavilion – Sept. 3, 2022 Noon to 6 PM, Jack & Jill
• Alice Badecker – One Day Wine & Malt – Conant Park Pavilion – Sept. 24, 2022 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Jack & Jill/Picnic
• Caron Porter – One Day Wine & Malt – Conant Park Pavilion – Sept. 25, 2022 Noon to 8 PM, 80th Birthday Celebration
Other Documents requiring Signatures
• Wage Sheets for FY 2023
• Loader Acquisition Contract – Highway Department
Minutes to Approve
• May 3, 2022
• June 7, 2022
• Old Town Hall
• Clearwater Woodland Boundary - Update
• DOER – Green Community Grant
• East Street East Section VHB TIP Proposal
• Future ARPA Funds Allocation
Calendar & Announcements
• Select Board Meetings – August 30th
• Select Board Meetings September - TBD
Executive Sessions – Select Board
• MGL c. 30A Sec 21 (a) # 3 – To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation if an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining or litigating position of the public body and the chair so declares. (Swanson)
• MGL c. 30A Sec 21 (a) #7 To comply with, or act under the authority of, any general or special law or federal grant-in-aid requirements. Approval of Executive Session Minutes, March 8, 2022, April 12, 2022.
Select Board to adjourn Executive Session