|Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitations on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of this town’s board/committee/commission will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the town’s website, at www.townofberlin.com. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen to the meeting may do so in the following manner: Zoom.com. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the town’s website an audio recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.|
Mission Statement: To support and challenge all students to achieve personal and academic excellence in a student-centered environment.
BERLIN-BOYLSTON REGIONAL SCHOOL COMMITTEE
Tuesday, August 9, 2022
This meeting may be recorded, and your image or voice may be broadcast.
I. Call to Order
II. Pledge of Allegiance
III. Public Comments
V. Consent Agenda-Vote
1. Payroll and Payable Warrants
2. June 7, 2022, Open Meeting Minutes
3. June 22, 2022, Executive Session Minutes
4. June 23, 2022, Business and Finance Subcommittee Minutes
1. School Committee Self-Evaluation Report-Mrs. Lori Hart, Chair
2. Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning-Ms. Carol Costello
a. Crisis Management/SRO Update
b. MCAS/AIMSWEB Literacy Update
3. Superintendent-Mr. Jeffrey Zanghi, Superintendent of Schools
a. Goals Discussion
b. Hiring Update
c. Retirement Letter June 30, 2023
4. Negotiation Subcommittee Update-Mrs. Lori-Anne Hart, Mrs. Meagan Grill
5. Election Subcommittee Update-Mr. Adam Wilbur
VIII. Business Items
A. Policy AC-Non-Discrimination Policy Including Harassment And Retaliation-Vote
B. Policy ACAB-Sexual Harassment Policy For Sexual Harassment Against Students-Vote
C. Policy JICK-Harassment of Students-Vote
D. Approve a $1,500 donation from Katie's 5K to be used for the Tahanto Music Program-Vote
E. Approve a donation of 16 Bandit STEM Gel Electrophoresis Systems worth $1,627 for Mrs. Sequeria’s biology classroom from Crest Technology and Mr. Matt Mecum-Vote
F. Approve a donation of $272.57 from the Boylston PTO for the Boylston Elementary School Library. -Vote
G. Appointment of Subcommittee Roles
○ Policy Subcommittee
○ Superintendent Evaluation Subcommittee
○ Negotiations Subcommittee
○ Election Subcommittee
○ Assistant Treasurer and Alternate
IX. Executive Session
● . To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel (Superintendent Zanghi and Assistant Superintendent Costello).
● To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining (with the BBEA).
X. Return to Open Session
● Vote to approve the contract between BBEA and BBRSD-Vote
XI. School Committee Comments / Future Agenda Items
● Next Regularly Scheduled Meetings:
○ August 17, 2022 (As Needed)
○ August 31, 2022 (Regular Meeting)
The listing of items is those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may, in fact, be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
The Berlin-Boylston Regional Public Schools do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, genetic information, homelessness, or any other class protected by state or federal law.