TOWN OF SOUTHAMPTON
SELECT BOARD AGENDA
Tuesday, September 3, 2019 AT 6:00 PM Amend 8/29/19 12:30 PM
210 College Highway, Southampton, MA 01073
Pledge of Allegiance
• Call to Order
• Jodi M Corey – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Ann Girouard – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Janet Brown – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Virginia Ahart – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Mary Robinson – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Monica Labrie – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Robin Richard – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Kristine Canton – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Sarah Pierce – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Select Board
• Town Administrator Report
• Annual Report Update
• East Street Bridge/MassWorks – Update
New Business: Action/Discussion
• By-law Advisory Committee makeup and charge – Discussion
• Jonathan Jay resignation from the By-law Review Committee.
• Ben Hogan resignation from Board of Health effective Aug. 31, 2019 at midnight.
• New Town By-law Mandatory Recycling By-law (Requested by Board of Health & Transfer Station Manager)
• Town Short Term Disability Program Discussion
• Green Communities - DOER Grant
• Community Compact Grant Program FY 2020
• Town Administrator’s Evaluation
• Special Town Meeting - Date
• Any other necessary business that cannot await the September 17th regular Select Board meeting.
• Personnel Change Forms (PCF) – None
• PCF – Florence Collins – Council on Aging Office – Volunteer Coordinator – Part-Time – Increase Hours
• PCF – Richard Homan – Council on Aging Van Driver – (Change) Part Time Over 20 hours wk., Benefitted Position Increase of hours and Benefited Position
• PCF – Jeremy LaRochelle – Fire Dept – Firefighter/Training Aid – Resignation
• PCF – Jim Garstka – Fire Dept – Firefighter– Resignation
• PCF – Nathan Boudreau – Fire Dept – Probationary Firefighter– Part-time – New Hire
• PCF – Racheal Janik-Cappello – Fire Dept – Probationary Paramedic – Part-time – Change in Hourly Rate
• PCF – Cynthia Morton – Fire Dept – Paramedic– Part-time – Change in Hourly Rate
• PCF – Eric Toia – Fire Dept – Firefighter– Resignation
• PCF – Brendan Heath – Police Dept – Part-Time - Resignation
• PCF – John Roach – Police Dept – Part-Time - Resignation
• PCF – Denis Senecal – Water Dept – Water Technician – merit raise
• PRF – Water Dept – Administrative Assistant – New Position, up to 10 hrs. per week
• Barbara Tetreault, One Day Beer and Wine – Conant Park, September 7, 2019, Noon to 8 PM.
• P 20-8 $237,263.05 Payroll Warrant
• PD 20-8 $39,284.94 Payroll Deduction Warrant
• PD20-8A $153,311.92 Payroll Deduction Warrant Additional Health Ins. & Retirement
• W 20-9 $1,463,855.02 Vendor Payable Warrant including H.R.S.D. Qtr. Assessment
Other Documents requiring Signatures
Minutes to Approve
o Traffic Study Route 10
o Town Administrator’s Evaluation
o Open Space and Recreation Plan
o DOER Green Communities Grant
o Greenway (Bike Path)
o Old Town Hall
o College Highway Land Donation
o Dog Complaint – White Loaf
o Hampshire Regional Budget & Expenditure & Agreement Review
o Town Short Term Disability Program
Calendar & Announcements
• Select Board Meetings – September 17th.
• October Select Board Meetings TBD
Articles for Special Town Meeting
• East Street Borrowing (Another Vote Needed)
• Town By-law Amendment Article VII Restriction in Issuances of Local Licenses & Permits
• New Town By-law Mandatory Recycling By-law
Open Time for the Public
The Select Board reserves a portion of its meetings for public comment and encourages participation as follows:
• Open time is a time when town residents can bring matters before the Select Board that require a minimum of discussion and are not on the agenda.
• Please try to keep your comments short and to the point. Plan on being allowed up to five minutes per person, not per topic, to speak at any meeting under open time, only.
• If it appears that the topic(s) being discussed will consume longer than the five minutes allocated then, at the discretion of the Chair, the matter will be placed on an upcoming Board of Selectmen meeting agenda.
• If you believe that your topic will require more time or desire to make a more formal presentation than is allowed under these guidelines, please contact the Town Administrator to ask to be put on a future agenda so that we can properly allocate enough time.
• You are free to ask questions or to make your point for all to consider. However, engaging in active debate with Board of Selectmen or audience members will not be allowed. All comments and questions must be directed to the Chair of the Board.
• All remarks must be respectful and courteous, free of name-calling and personal attacks. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
Select Board to vote to adjourn meeting.