TOWN OF SOUTHAMPTON
SELECT BOARD AGENDA
Tue Tuesday, September 17, 2019 AT 6:00 PM Amended 9/13/2019 10 AM
210 College Highway, Southampton, MA 01073
Pledge of Allegiance
• Call to Order
• Debra Pinsky – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Eileen Hamel – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• Elizabeth Blanchette – Election Officer, term to expire August 31, 2020
• James Mailloux – Alternate Electrical Inspector (2nd), term to expire June 30, 2020
• Joint Meeting with the Board of Health to appoint a resident/voter to the Board of Health to fill vacancy until the next Annual Election
• Select Board
• Town Administrator Report
• Annual Report Update
• East Street Bridge/MassWorks – Update
New Business: Action/Discussion
• Trinity Washburn, 55 White Loaf Road request for her son Blake to attend Smith Vocational High School.
• Referral of Zoning Map Amendment request of American Dream Realty, LLC for 173 & 175 College Highway to the Planning Board.
• PPPB request for Select Board to consider their vote to support CORI checks for all new employees except Police Dept. & School Employees.
• By-law Advisory Committee makeup and charge – Discussion
• Award of Contract - Highway Department - 2020 Freightliner Dump/Plow Truck under Greater Boston Police Council Consortium Bid $224,785.00.
• New Town By-law Mandatory Recycling By-law (Requested by Board of Health & Transfer Station Manager) (amended version)
• Town Administrator’s Evaluation
• Special Town Meeting – October 22, 2019
• Invitation to opening event of Rockwood Ag-Grid digester, Sept. 25th 11 AM to 2 PM, Rockwood Farms, Granville, MA. Cow Power net metering credits
• Any other necessary business that cannot await the October 1st regular Select Board meeting.
• Personnel Change Forms (PCF)
• PCF - Richard Homan – COA Van Driver, 54 hours per pay period (2 weeks) benefitted position
• PRF – Police Dept – Public Safety Communications Dispatcher – New Position, up to 16 hrs. per week
• PRF – Council on Aging – Van Driver – On-call, Back-up Position
• PRF – Town Clerk’s Office – Assistant Town Clerk – 20 hours per week
• PRF – Water Commission – Administrative Assistant – up to 10 hours per week
• New PCF Form (Informational Only)
• Michelle Sattler - One Day Beer and Wine – Conant Park, September 28, 2019, 9 AM to 9 PM.
• P 20-10A $417.12 Payroll Warrant
• PD 20-10A $53.16 Payroll Deduction Warrant
• W 20-11 $90,430.01 Vendor Payable Warrant
Other Documents requiring Signatures
• Select Board to sign Interim Loan Note for Water Department Pumping Station and Well Rehabilitation project.
• Select Board to sign (Five-Town) shared contract for scanning grant shared employee.
Minutes to Approve
• Oct. 16, 2018
• Dec. 20, 2018
• Sept. 3, 2019
o Traffic Study Route 10
o Town Administrator’s Evaluation
o Open Space and Recreation Plan
o DOER Green Communities Grant
o Greenway (Bike Path)
o Old Town Hall
o College Highway Land Donation
o Dog Complaint – White Loaf
o Hampshire Regional Budget & Expenditure & Agreement Review
o Town Short Term Disability Program
Calendar & Announcements
• Select Board Meetings – October 1st
• October Other Select Board Meetings TBD
Articles for Special Town Meeting
• East Street Borrowing (Another Vote Needed)
• Town By-law Amendment Article VII Restriction in Issuances of Local Licenses & Permits
• New Town By-law Mandatory Recycling By-law
• Rescinding of (one) Glendale Road Funding Article from July 26, 2018 Special Town Meeting.
• Previous Fiscal Year Bill – Police Department - Goosetown, $270.00, FY 2018
Open Time for the Public
The Select Board reserves a portion of its meetings for public comment and encourages participation as follows:
• Open time is a time when town residents can bring matters before the Select Board that require a minimum of discussion and are not on the agenda.
• Please try to keep your comments short and to the point. Plan on being allowed up to five minutes per person, not per topic, to speak at any meeting under open time, only.
• If it appears that the topic(s) being discussed will consume longer than the five minutes allocated then, at the discretion of the Chair, the matter will be placed on an upcoming Board of Selectmen meeting agenda.
• If you believe that your topic will require more time or desire to make a more formal presentation than is allowed under these guidelines, please contact the Town Administrator to ask to be put on a future agenda so that we can properly allocate enough time.
• You are free to ask questions or to make your point for all to consider. However, engaging in active debate with Board of Selectmen or audience members will not be allowed. All comments and questions must be directed to the Chair of the Board.
• All remarks must be respectful and courteous, free of name-calling and personal attacks. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
Select Board to vote to adjourn meeting.