TOWN OF SOUTHAMPTON
SELECT BOARD AGENDA
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 AT 6:00 PM
210 College Highway, Southampton, MA 01073
Pledge of Allegiance
• Call to Order
• Emergency Management Director – Duties, Responsibilities and time commitment regarding making
the Emergency Management Director position a stipend position.
• Jenn Ramsay – Easthampton Media Presentation for new audio/video equipment for the Town Hall 1st Floor Meeting Room.
• Select Board
• Town Administrator Report
• FY 2019 Budget and Expenditures Review
• FY 2020 Budget and Expenditure Review
• Annual Report Update
• East Street Bridge/MassWorks – Update
• Pomeroy Meadow Road (Grant) Update
New Business: Action/Discussion
• Community Host Agreement – Volcann, LLC
• Approval of Water Department Agreement Amendment #1 with Comprehensive Environmental Incorporated for services for the DWSRF 4396 – Southampton Water System Improvements By-law Advisory Committee makeup and charge – Discussion
• Norman Smith resignation from the Edwards Library Trustee Board.
• Town Administrator’s Evaluation
• By-law Amendment – Article VII Restriction in Issuances of Local Licenses & Permits
• Special Town Meeting - Date
• Any other necessary business that cannot await the September 3rd regular Select Board meeting.
• Personnel Change Forms (PCF) – None
• PCF – Florence Collins – Council on Aging Office – Volunteer Coordinator – Part-Time – Increase Hours
• PCF – Jeremy LaRochelle – Fire Dept – Firefighter/Training Aid – Resignation
• PCF – Jim Gartska – Fire Dept – Firefighter– Resignation
• PCF – Nathan Boudreau – Fire Dept – Probationary Firefighter– Part-time – New Hire
• PCF – Racheal Janik-Cappello – Fire Dept – Probationary Paramedic – Part-time – Change in Hourly Rate
• PCF – Cynthia Morton – Fire Dept – Paramedic– Part-time – Change in Hourly Rate
• PCF – Eric Toia – Fire Dept – Firefighter– Resignation
• PCF – Richard Homan – Council on Aging – Van Driver – Increase Hours
• W 20-7 $301,824.45 Vendor Payable Warrant
• P 20-6 $246,822.47 Payroll Warrant
• PD 20-6 $41,264.73 Payroll Deduction Warrant
Other Documents requiring Signatures
Minutes to Approve
o Traffic Study Route 10
o Town Administrator’s Evaluation
o Open Space and Recreation Plan
o DOER Green Communities Grant
o Greenway (Bike Path)
o Old Town Hall
o College Highway Land Donation
o Dog Complaint – White Loaf
o Hampshire Regional Budget & Expenditure & Agreement Review
Calendar & Announcements
• Select Board Meetings – September 3rd & 17th.
Open Time for the Public
The Select Board reserves a portion of its meetings for public comment and encourages participation as follows:
• Open time is a time when town residents can bring matters before the Select Board that require a minimum of discussion and are not on the agenda.
• Please try to keep your comments short and to the point. Plan on being allowed up to five minutes per person, not per topic, to speak at any meeting under open time, only.
• If it appears that the topic(s) being discussed will consume longer than the five minutes allocated then, at the discretion of the Chair, the matter will be placed on an upcoming Board of Selectmen meeting agenda.
• If you believe that your topic will require more time or desire to make a more formal presentation than is allowed under these guidelines, please contact the Town Administrator to ask to be put on a future agenda so that we can properly allocate enough time.
• You are free to ask questions or to make your point for all to consider. However, engaging in active debate with Board of Selectmen or audience members will not be allowed. All comments and questions must be directed to the Chair of the Board.
• All remarks must be respectful and courteous, free of name-calling and personal attacks. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
Select Board to vote to adjourn meeting.