TTOWN OF SOUTHAMPTON
SELECT BOARD AGENDA
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 AT 5:00 PM
210 College Highway, Southampton, MA 01073
5:00 – Joe Shea – Health Insurance briefing
5:30 – Executive Session -- MGL c. 30A, Sec 21, #6- To consider the purchase, exchange lease of value of real estate, if the chair declares that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body. (6 Coleman Road)
Pledge of Allegiance
• Call to Order
• Announce that the meeting is being recorded
• By-laws Review Advisory Committee – Janine Domina
• Kurt Boisjolie
• Town Administrator Report
• Fuss & O’Neill - wastewater issues
• Select Board Policy – Reapprove Proposed Procedures & Policies& Regulations for Select Board
• Joint meeting with the By-laws Review Advisory Committee – progress update; By-law related articles for Town Meeting
• Job Descriptions: Police Chief, Fire Chief, Highway Superintendent & Water Superintendent
New Business: Action/Discussion
• Ben Hogan – Board of Health
• Joint meeting with the ad hoc Driveway Regulations Committee
• Glendale Road U.S. DOT sign off.
• Surplus property designations
• Purchase & Sale for 215 College Highway
• Discussion of joining a Mosquito Control District
• J&E Project
• Marla Hanc – acceptance of a CR and small parcel at Red Brook Estates
• Any other necessary business that cannot await the September 12 regular Select Board meeting.
• PCF – COA – Director, emergency PT appointment – Joan Linnehan
• PCF – BOH – Health Agent, PT appointment – Nicole Fletcher
• August 24, 2017 – PD18-8A - $154,268
• September 5, 2017 - W18-11A - $1,420.56
• September 7, 2017 – PD – 18-10 - $46,909.38
• September 7, 2017 – P – 18-10 - $265,392
• Grindstone Mountain resale permit
Minutes to Approve
Calendar & Announcements
• Board of Selectmen – September 26 & October 10.
• Department Heads Meeting –September 13 at 10:00 a.m.
• Public Safety Committee Meeting – October 3.
• Special Town Meeting – October 17.
Open Time for the Public
The Select Board reserves a portion of its meetings for public comment and encourages participation as follows:
• Open time is a time when town residents can bring matters before the Select Board that require a minimum of discussion and are not on the agenda.
• Please try to keep your comments short and to the point. Plan on being allowed up to five minutes per person, not per topic, to speak at any meeting under open time, only.
• If it appears that the topic(s) being discussed will consume longer than the five minutes allocated then, at the discretion of the Chair, the matter will be placed on an upcoming Board of Selectmen meeting agenda.
• If you believe that your topic will require more time or desire to make a more formal presentation than is allowed under these guidelines, please contact the Town Administrator to ask to be put on a future agenda so that we can properly allocate enough time.
• You are free to ask questions or to make your point for all to consider. However, engaging in active debate with Board of Selectmen or audience members will not be allowed. All comments and questions must be directed to the Chair of the Board.
• All remarks must be respectful and courteous, free of name-calling and personal attacks. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
• MGL c. 30A, Sec 21, #3- To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation if an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining or litigating position of the public body and the Chair so declares. (Charter Cable building)
• MGL c. 30A, Sec 21, #2 – To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel or to conduct collective bargaining sessions or contract negotiations with non-union personnel. (Fire Chief contract)